Sunday 4 May 2014

Scrapbooking again

Having lived here for 5 months now, I finally picked up the courage to book my first class at the local craft shop, The Artistic Stamper, which is run by Jennie, who is the most welcoming person imaginable.

I say "finally picked up the courage" as I am a very introvert person and I find it very difficult to go anywhere on my own! However, everyone at Jennie's shop is extremely friendly and welcoming and I had a great time and lots of laughs, as well as coffee and cakes. Oh, and I made a scrapbook layout too! I booked my next class there and then and also joined the Club, which sounds like great fun.

The class was run by Jane Dean, whose blog and work I have admired for many years so this was the perfect opportunity to make a fresh start. Jane showed us some great tips and tricks and the finished layouts looked great.


Here's mine - as the layout was travel-themed I used a couple of pictures I took in 2011 when we visited Antony Gormley's "Another Place" sculptures on Crosby Beach near Liverpool.

I managed to spill coffee over the page when I added the finishing touches at home because I got glue in my mouth (yes, I know!), reached for a quick gulp of coffee to take away the taste and spilled it on the bottom right corner. Thankfully I managed to clean it up! I also glued the letter E to my top! Needless to say I thought it was safer to put the craft stuff away after that..

No comments:

Post a Comment