Thursday 6 February 2014

It's been a while...a long while!

I can't believe the last time I blogged was May.

In April/May we believed we had finally found our new home and were quietly excited about our new beginning in our new home. Then everything went wrong (at least where the move was concerned), the sale of our house fell through and we consequently lost the house we were buying. The months went by, our hopes were raised and then dashed many more times and we were almost ready to give up but we found another place, not quite as close to the sea as my OH would have liked but just outside a pretty little market town in Kent, surrounded by countryside and -most importantly to me- trees. It's about a 10 minute drive from the original location so close enough for OH's much longed-for runs by the sea.

I love it here. It seems everything worked out for the best, even though the heartbreak was almost unbearable when things seemed to be going so wrong. We moved at the beginning of December so it really did take a long time. But we were settled in time for Christmas, both our boys came home and seemed to wholeheartedly like their new home and surroundings.

I completely lost my mojo last year and didn't even want to think about crafting or blogging, I think given half a chance I might have stayed in bed for the duration.

I'm ready to get in touch with my creative side again now that we've settled in, but I feel I badly need some structure in my life as I still spend too much time procrastinating. Some planning is needed so one day doesn't just flow into the next and before I know it another week has gone by (several already have!).
I'm not an active or fit person but would very much like to become one, and the countryside around me is definitely inspiring - although the weather in this part of the world has definitely put a stop to any outdoor pursuits for the time being - it has rained almost non stop since we moved in.

But I have now resurrected my blog which is definitely a step in the right direction. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment