Sunday 25 May 2014

Altered Book

I had the best time earlier this week when I was introduced to Altered Books at The Artistic Stamper. Of course I knew about Altered Books and I've dabbled with one on my own at home but I've wanted to do a proper class or workshop for years. I'm so lucky because the shop is only about a mile up the road on the same road that I live on now!

4 hours of crafting, playing, altering, laughing and planning the next get-together went by in a flash. Jennie showed us 3 techniques and my head was absolutely buzzing with ideas when I got home (only slightly wet after walking back in the rain!), so much so that I also dreamt about playing with my book all night!
As it's a Bank Holiday weekend here in England I spent all day yesterday finishing Wednesday's 3 pages and playing a little bit more. I tried some Tim Holtz techniques from his "Compendium of Curiosities" books, some more successfully than others as the paper in an older book can be a little bit unpredictable so results can vary!

Anyway, here's what I've done so far - I'm quite pleased with most of it and the first one is my favourite so far:

(This is the first time I've blogged from my I pad so I hope it works!!)



That's all for today as we're off to see our best friends for the afternoon, enjoy the rest of the weekend wherever you are!

Big hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment