Thursday 15 March 2012

Hope


I've had a strange old day today and have ended up feeling a little bit sorry for myself.
My Mum phoned this morning to let me know that the family can't come over for Easter for a variety of reasons, she sounded quite sad about it and I'm sad about it too. There was a little bit more to it than that, suffice it to say that I felt quite dumbstruck after the phonecall and took myself off for a wander round the local shops and a coffee to distract myself for a while, because I didn't feel like sitting at home going round and round in circles in my head.
Whilst out I started to feel a bit headachey and generally yucky, so I came home but then had to pop out again to run some errands, which I really didn't feel like doing but at least they're out of the way now.
All this, for some reason, made me think of the photo above which I took in Holyhead last week. I spotted this little cluster of emerging spring flowers in an otherwise still quite dry and wintery looking patch of ground. To me it symbolises hope and the fact that there's always something to look forward to even when things seem don't seem all that great. And some of the not so good news I had this morning also made me realise that I've got a lot to be thankful for. Which is nice. I think we need that reminder sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment