Tuesday 17 June 2014

Wedding Guest Book

No, not my wedding!!
I'm going to be a witness at my friend's wedding in August and recently decided to make a book for her that the guest can write messages in on the day. We made her invitations together which were purple and cream so I have made the book in similar colours. When I say I made the book what I actually mean is that I took a kraft spiral bound book with blank pages and made a layout to decorate the front cover. I haven't adhered it to the book yet so in the picture it's actually sitting on top of the book. 
I don't tend to follow any particular instructions or patterns and my artwork usually evolves as I go along. I like to build up layers of paper and ephemera and often use scraps, book pages, bits of lace, decorative pins etc. Occasionally I hit a wall and walk away from my craft desk for a little while, or I put my project on the mantelpiece in the living room where I look at it from time to time until I have an idea of how to carry on. I'm pretty pleased with this one and I'm fairly sure my friend will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment